CHRISTINA ERIKA FORSGREN 26 Apr. 1820-21 Feb. 1906

Alice Mariah Forsgren Eliason Hatch - Christina Erika's grand niece - said of Erika: "Aunt Reeky we called her. She became Grandpa Davis' second wife. She was the kindest, sweetest old lady in the world." And so this portrait of her seems to testify. I regret that I neither have, no know of, any other existing photo of her. We know very little detail of her life, but such as I know I will post to this blog, hoping that other descendants will be able to contribute information and impressions that I don't currently have in the Forsgren Family Association archives.

Please be patient as I continue to add information to this blog. The blogs for her brothers John Erik and Peter Adolph have so far consumed more of my time. John Erik was more colorful; Peter Adolph was more prolific....and I have not had as much dialogue with Erika's descendants.... but that said, please enjoy what is available now and feel free to contact me and contribute!

Adele Manwaring Austin,
Archivist of the Forsgren Family Assn., October, 2010

************************************************************************************

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

CHILDREN OF ERIKA AND WILLIAM DAVIS - Child #2 Elizabeth Davis

Child #2 - Elizabeth Davis, born 1857, died ??

I confess I only learned of this "mystery child" recently.  She is listed on the Church's website newFamilySearch but her presence was in other Ancestral File and Pedigree Resource File submissions years ago.  I have the date of birth of 1857, Brigham City, but nothing to substantiate that information.  She is noted to have died before the age of 8 but I do not know if she was a stillbirth or a live birth nor do I know who originally added her name to the family group record.  She is not mentioned in histories about Christina Erika so I cannot verify that information on this child is even correct.  I place her here just because she was documented by somebody somewhere and a temple sealing to parents was performed for her in 2004 in Oakland - even though that sealing was unnecessary since Elizabeth would have been born in the Covenant. (William Davis and Christina Erika were sealed on the 19 Feb 1855.)

No comments:

Post a Comment